[Phpmyadmin-devel] Yet another student interested in your project

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Fri Mar 25 20:10:11 CET 2011

Hello everyone,

My name is Rouslan and I'm a student from Cork, Ireland. I'm currently
studying at the Cork Institute of Technology for an honours degree in
Software Development. I have been a user of phpmyadmin for about three
years now. So far your tool has been an invaluable for me during the
development of web applications.

So I guess that I'm just dropping by to introduce myself a little and I
would also like to express my interest in coding for your project this
summer as part of the GSOC program. I'm particularly intrigued by the
"Support for procedures" gsoc idea from your wiki page.

I have already downloaded the latest source code from the git repository
and I'm now poking around to see how things work. I have also already
created a fork at repo.or.cz and had a quick go at fixing a bite-sized
bug from your tracker.

I will now get stuck in and get up to speed with git (I've only been
using mercurial so far), explore your code base a bit more and hopefully
attempt to fix one or two other bugs.

Well, I guess I don't have much else to say at the moment. Talk soon.

Take care,
Rouslan

( my ohloh profile: http://www.ohloh.net/accounts/Roccivic )