[Phpmyadmin-devel] Inline edit and UPDATE feedback

rohit sharma rsedwardian at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 14:21:22 CET 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2011-03-20 10:12, rohit sharma a écrit :
>
> >> In case of an error, it would be better to display the query
> permanently,
> > so to  bring uniformity (either success or failure), the inline_edit
> query
> > should be displayed permanently like in case of normal query with
> > $cfg['ShowSQL'] set to true.
>

> In case of success, query is now displayed; please try it.

Consider this scenario, I have a table with no index defined, and two
columns, when I click "inline_edit" for any row, the row gets updated, and
the message is shown properly. Now when I click "inline_edit" again for the
same row, but changing the other column, the message shown is "0 Rows
affected", although the row being displayed gets updated without any error.
However a look at the query reveals that the query was in-fact incorrect, it
was using the old value for the column that  had been previously edited.
Thus the row displayed is incorrect, because it never got updated.
I am sending some screenshots to depict the same.

[0]
http://web.iiit.ac.in/~rohit.sharmaug08/phpmyadmin/inline_edit/inline-edit_1.jpeg
[ initial_setup ]
[1]
http://web.iiit.ac.in/~rohit.sharmaug08/phpmyadmin/inline_edit/inline-edit_2.jpeg
[ updating row 2, col 2 ]
[2]
http://web.iiit.ac.in/~rohit.sharmaug08/phpmyadmin/inline_edit/inline-edit_3.jpeg
[ updating row 2, col 1 ]

For [2] it outputs, "0 Rows updated", although it should update that row,
because nothing is incorrect with the query. A look at sql.js reveals, that
the column value in the new query does not get updated.
Although while iterating over the elements "this_field_params[field_name] "
contains the correct value, however the problem is the "where_clause" as it
does not get updated. So the issue boils down to simply the " <input class="
where_clause"..>  being incorrect. Which means as soon as we find a
successful sql query, we must update the "where_clause".
Should I file this as a bug ?

--
Regards

Rohit Sharma