[Phpmyadmin-devel] Recently Used Tables

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 18:32:50 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I am currently trying to implement a feature that allow users to jump to recently used tables. I have partially implemented this feature in my repo [0] under the branch "browsemode" and want to ask for opinions.

1. Users can interact with a table in several ways: browse, structure, SQL, etc. Are all of these actions should be counted as "accessing a table"?
2. If yes, I am thinking of adding code in several places: sql.php, tbl_structure.php, tbl_sql.php, etc. (every possible values for $GLOBALS['cfg']['LeftDefaultTabTable']) in order to remember the accessed table. Is there any better way than this? (since I'm still not very deep with phpMyAdmin code)
3. If no, what actions should be considered as "accessing a table"?

NB: With my branch, you can see up to 5 recently used tables, by clicking table's icon (left of table's name) in the navigation frame. (LeftDefaultTabTables must be configured to the default value, "tbl_structure.php")

[0] http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin/arisferyanto.git

--
Aris Feryanto
http://arispma.wordpress.com/