[Phpmyadmin-devel] Suggestion for the table export page

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Tue May 3 11:36:35 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Mon, 2 May 2011 16:31:13 +0200
Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> In phpMyAdmin 3.3 most of the export settings were visible in one page
> without scrolling, hence requiring only very few clicks to export what
> you need. But in 3.4 when I try to export the table structure I first
> need to click '(o) custom' then scroll down and search through all the
> text where in order to find where I select  '(o) structure'. It feels
> very unintuitive for me.
>
> What about:
> a) We put all the settings in jquery tabs
> b) On the first tab will be the most used options: Format, Output type
> (File / as Text) and what to dump (2 checkboxes for each data and
> structure)

The current state is based on last year GSoC project and I usually hear
positive feedback about it. Most people really don't need the options,
so choosing the format is the only thing they want to care about.

Of course advanced options could be hidden by some other mean, but I
don't think tabs really fit this case, because you would have to change
number of tabs based on selection of format and I think this would be
unintuitive.