[Phpmyadmin-devel] releasing 3.4.0

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Mon May 9 11:26:40 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dne Fri, 06 May 2011 06:25:42 -0400
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
>> I suggest to release 3.4.0 this week-end, in order to start working on
>> 3.4.1.
>
> I'm fine with releasing at any point (though the weekend you suggested
> is over). Preferably ping me short before release so that I can merge
> any last minute translations before.
>
> PS: We now have 15 complete translations, Japanese being the latest
> addition.

Question. Is your release procedure an automatic process or do you
upload the files on sourceforge by hand? And secondly, why offer so
many archive formats? I find having so many formats is a bit
overwhelming for the average downloader.

My random idea of the day would be: Remove .bz2 and .xz (wow, never
heard of that one before) and instead put a <select>-List on the
downloads page listing all downloadable languages that forward you to
the download link of pma with only that particular language included.
That shouldn't be so much work if the sf.net file upload is automatic,
and adds quite some convenience to the users.