[Phpmyadmin-devel] Recently Used Tables

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon May 9 14:04:06 CEST 2011

Aris Feryanto a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've fixed the problem below and implement some suggestions. I've just
> pushed my commits, so the demo server should be updated in about an hour.
>
> On 8 Mei 2011, at 17:49, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info
> <mailto:marc at infomarc.info>> wrote:
>
>  > Le 2011-05-07 20:53, Aris Feryanto a écrit :
>  > Hi Aris,
>  >
>  > On the positive side, the new feature works well, both with or without
>  > pma_recent.
>  >
>  > On the negative side, I can no longer browse any table (no data is shown
>  > and there are warnings at the bottom of the browse page).
>  >
> This is fixed. I used variable $result, which is used by other part of
> code. I've changed the variable name to $tmp_result.

Ok. Even better would be to move the new code ("add recently used
tables...") into a function because we already have too much code in the
global scope.

>  > Missing feature:
>  > - in /setup I don't see how to define pma_recent
>  >
> Added.
>
>  > Suggestions:
>  > - in saveToDb() you could use REPLACE INTO instead of a SELECT then
>  > UPDATE or INSERT, see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replace.html
> Added.
>
>  >
>  > - in getHtmlSelect() please use jQuery instead of the onchange event;
>  > this is the direction we are taking about js in this project
>
> I use onchange event, because the js code need a value generated from
> php ($GLOBALS['cfg']['LeftDefaultTabTable'], i.e. where the main frame
> will jump to when a recent table is selected). Should we change this to
> jQuery? I think that the code will be separated; the jQuery event in .js
> and the generated value in <script> tag in php.

Try this: in PHP, generate a span with class "hide" and some id, and put
in it, the contents of $GLOBALS['cfg']['LeftDefaultTabTable']. Then from
jQuery you can fetch this information and use it.

>  >
>  > - about syntax, please write "if (! isset" instead of "if (!isset" (add
>  > a space after the exclamation point)
>
> Updated. But, I did a searching and found many parts of existing code
> use "if (!isset".

Indeed, these need to be changed.