[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Create Table in navigation panel

Thilanka Kaushalya lgtkaushalya at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:12:34 CEST 2011

Hi Marc,

> it makes sense to put your code in navigation.js but try to avoid code
> duplication between this file and what is already in functions.js.

I tried to add a empty dialog within a navigation.js using the following
code.

$('<div id="create_table_dialog"></div>')
         .dialog({
            title: "CreateTable",
                height: 50,
                width: 90,
                buttons : button_options_error
});

This popups a dialog box with "OK" button and the title. But, since
navigation.php works within the scope of a frame, the dialog is restricted
to the navigation area within the UI. The screen shot (first screen shot )of
the result is here with the google doc [1].
I think this because PMA uses separate frames for navigation panel and the
rest of the content.
I need to improve the dialog box as it shows in the 2nd screen shot.
How can I change the scope of the dialog box in order to popup it balanced
in the page. Please help me on this issue.

[1] -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g9WzTFQsCwKzBOHJpuS0XIaXhUClbVneZYeuDVuqyh0/edit?hl=en&authkey=CLGQz_wB

Regards,
Thilanka.