[Phpmyadmin-devel] Prototype implementation - Visualizing GIS data

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Tue May 10 20:29:43 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:51 PM, Madhura Jayaratne <madhura.cj at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>
>> Madhura Jayaratne a écrit :
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > During the past few days I was playing around with the code to do a test
>> > implementation for GIS data visualization. Now I have pushed it to my
>> > repo and I would like to hear you comments about it. You can check it
>> > out at [1].
>> >
>> > Currently it does the following
>> > 1. 'Visualize GIS data' link is displayed in 'Query results options'
>> > pane ONLY for query results that has atleast one geometric column.
>> > 2. If there are more than one geometric columns in the results, the user
>> > can chose which column to be used for th visualization
>> > 3. You chose out of non-geometric columns a label column, which is used
>> > for tooltips.
>> > 4. Also, try zooming and panning.
>> >
>> > I created a database with geometric data (database: opengis), so it
>> > would be easy for you to test the above. In case database server has
>> > reset by the time you login and you can't find the database, I have also
>> > attached the sql file here.
>> >

>> Madhura,
>> no file was attached but I suggest opening a patch artifact and
>> attaching your file there.
>>
>> Ooops!!
> I opened a patch artifact and attached the sql file there. You can find it
> at [1]

One problem I encountered during the implementation is that flot does not
support drawing polygons with voids inside them. I had to draw another
polygon with its fill color set to background color in order to pretend the
void and i'm not vary happy with that :(

However reading the SVG specification I didn't find it to support polygons
with voids either [1]. I'm wondering what to do about that.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Madhura Jayaratne

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/shapes.html#PolygonElement