[Phpmyadmin-devel] Status page

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Fri May 13 18:26:30 CEST 2011

Originally I was thinking of putting each status section table into
its own jQuery tab, but I realize that wouldn't really help with
anything.
When I think of typical use cases such as:
- looking up a particular value
- checking for error values (the ones which are currently marked red)

...it probably would be more useful to have all values in one table
and offer some 'find as you type' feature. Meaning, you get a textbox
where you can type the name, and when you e.g. type 'c', you get all
values that contain a word that starts with 'c'. So these values for
example would be shown: Innodb_pages_created, Threads_connected,
Created_tmp_files

And then I'd add one select list to filter by category and another to
filter for bad values (the ones currently marked as red).
If all values are loaded at the beginning, like it is now, the
find-as-you-type feature would be without delay / really fast.

Opinions/Ideas?