[Phpmyadmin-devel] 3.4.1-rc1 soon?

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Mon May 16 15:45:14 CEST 2011

2011/5/16 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Marc Delisle a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> what about a quick 3.4.1-rc1? Main reason is the privileges setting
>> problem [0].
>>
>> Another reason is [1], so maybe a change in the doc to explain https
>> insecure connections that many browsers are reporting, once [1] is
>> confirmed (or even setting version check to false by default).
>
> ... or we test to see if buying a certificate for phpmyadmin.net would
> solve the problem (but do we want to do this?).

Is it possible to use a free StartSSL certificate, or
https://www.godaddy.com/ssl/ssl-open-source.aspx ? With phpMyAdmin
being a popular open source project, I think it may be worth
contacting some certification authority and try to get a free
certificate for phpmyadmin.net, eg. in exchange for "secured by ..."
logo in page footer.

--
Piotr Przybylski