[Phpmyadmin-devel] Zoom Search

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Wed May 18 15:47:42 CEST 2011

Ammar Yasir a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> My first task is to have an interface for input criteria. We discussed
> earlier to make use of table search page or multi-table query generator
> for this. I was hoping for some comments regarding this.
>
> The aim is to let the user select _*exactly two*_ columns(along with
> some criteria) from a table. I prefer the table search page, it is less
> complicated ( simple form, advanced options ). Also we do not need to
> consider columns from multiple table so table search page will be more
> focused. But the selection also depends on where all we want to put the
> option of "Zoom search" in phpMyAdmin. So should this feature be a
> separate component or should it be available on table search page/
> multi-table query generator (or both) ?
>
> Regards,
> Ammar Yasir
> http://ammaryasirr.blogspot.com/

Hi Ammar,
my answer is based on the assumption that the table Search page is more
known than the multi-table query generator -- it's been my experience so
far, anyway.

I suggest to add in table Search, Options section a checkbox "Zoom
search"; when checked, another section would reveal itself, containing
particular options for this feature.

Also, when checked, the "Select columns" section could be changed to
guide the user into selecting exactly two columns. Not sure if the
current "select multiple" control is the best in this case, it's up to
you to propose something suitable.

However I'm not sure how this would integrate with the multi-table query
generator.