[Phpmyadmin-devel] Status page

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Fri May 20 01:47:19 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 7:57 PM, Piotr Przybylski <piotr.prz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/5/16 Tyron Madlener <tyronx at gmail.com>:
>>> The first version of this feature is now implemented and pushed to my
>>> repository, so it should show up on the demo
>>> (http://demo.phpmyadmin.net/gsoc-tyron) anytime soon. No i18n yet.
>>
>> Check whether reassigning of "even"/"odd" css classes to rows after
>> filtering is doable (i.e. works fast enough), otherwise looks good :)
>
> Yea, that should be no problem.
>
>> It would be useful to have similar filtering on server Variables tab,
>> will you do it?
>
> I was thinking of the same actually. I add it there too, its fairly
> easy to make.
>

>>> Also the query chart loads with ajax now, which is way faster.
>>> (ignores the ajax setting atm though)
>>
>> There should be some "Loading..." text indicating that something is
>> being loaded in background (the same UI as when executing SQL query
>> via AJAX).
>>

> Oh, yes. I was actually thinking of replacing the text link with an
> ajax clock once the link has been clicked. That way the user can still
> read all the text while its loading.
>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Piotr Przybylski

What I've implemented now quick'n'dirty:

- Word filtering on the variables page

- Server status page:
  - filtering by category
  - when filtering by category, or typing a category name it will
display related links which formerly were at the bottom of each table
  - i've added a jquery table sorter (12k unminified) to allow table
sorting (currently sorting indicators are missing)
  - i've added the jquery cookie plugin (3.6k unminified) to allow
cookie persistence for jquery tabs
  - the query chart loads asynchronly when loading the page.

What I would love to do next:
 - replace pchart with javascript charting using jflot to easily
switch between a query chart versus statement chart for a good fix of:
 http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3242060&group_id=23067&atid=377408
and also to get rid of those odd caching bugs that don't refresh the
chart.
 - proper i18n and CSS styling (for which I asked a question about
earlier on this mailing list) once the general direction i am heading
to is okay for everyone

I'd be thankful to have some advice on this, aswell as my flot & css
questions so I can continue working on it. Michal? :-)

Changes are pushed to my repos and ready to test on the demo page.