[Phpmyadmin-devel] Javascript

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon May 23 16:03:55 CEST 2011

Hi

Dne Sat, 21 May 2011 06:38:47 -0400
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> I would say no. Anyway, looking at the development done for 3.4, the
> trend is to avoid inline js. We are now supposed to use jQuery to make
> visible a link or button that brings the user to a feature that requires js.

Yes, dropping inline js should be a goal to avoid need for inline and
eval options in CSP.

> Note that 3.3 and 3.4 have problems with this. For example, Synchronize
> should not be shown to non-js users. Clearly, testing on non-js browsers
> has not been our priority.

Well I doubt it was tested without javascript at all.

Probably it's really time to drop support for browsers without
javascript, it would make lot of things easier. However what I would
like to avoid is making all things using javascript. I really prefer
when I can open link in new tab when I want and this does not work with
javascript only solutions.