[Phpmyadmin-devel] Javascript

Tyron Madlener tyronx at gmail.com
Mon May 23 18:33:30 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Dne Sat, 21 May 2011 06:38:47 -0400
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
>> I would say no. Anyway, looking at the development done for 3.4, the
>> trend is to avoid inline js. We are now supposed to use jQuery to make
>> visible a link or button that brings the user to a feature that requires js.
>
> Yes, dropping inline js should be a goal to avoid need for inline and
> eval options in CSP.
>
>> Note that 3.3 and 3.4 have problems with this. For example, Synchronize
>> should not be shown to non-js users. Clearly, testing on non-js browsers
>> has not been our priority.
>
> Well I doubt it was tested without javascript at all.
>
> Probably it's really time to drop support for browsers without
> javascript, it would make lot of things easier. However what I would
> like to avoid is making all things using javascript. I really prefer
> when I can open link in new tab when I want and this does not work with
> javascript only solutions.

By the way, for dropping support for browsers without js it would be
useful to have
all the js variable definitions in the right frame. The ones that are
currently defined in the
parent page where the <frameset> is defined.
You could read it with a parent selector, but that doesn't work if one
opens a page in a new
tab.