[Phpmyadmin-devel] More options for browsing OpenGIS data

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Tue May 24 00:21:28 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-05-23 at 23:26 +0530, Madhura Jayaratne wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have pushed the implementation of the feature 'More options for
> browsing GIS data' to my repository and you can test it at the demo
> server[1].
>

> With this, three options have been added to the ‘Options’ section of
> query result browsing window
>
>       * To view geometric data in Well Known Text (WKT) format
>       * To view geometric data in Well Known Binary (WKB) format
>       * To view geometric data with Geometric type indication and size
>         (e.g. [GEOMETRY – 2.2KiB])
> You can use geometric data in the 'OpenGIS' database to test the
> feature. If the database is not there by the time you visit, please
> use the SQL file at [2] to generate the database.
> Your feedback is highly valued :)
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Madhura Jayaratne

Hi Madhura,

I'm not very familiar with GIS format so I can't really give you any
feedback with that. All I noticed that might need to be looked at is the
labels near the "Width", "Height", "Label Column" and "spatial Column"
which are not correctly aligned vertically with respect to the input
fields. Also it looks like you have hardcoded the width of these input
fields, so sometimes they are unnecessarily pushed down onto a new row,
though I'm not sure about what is the best way to handle that.

Rouslan