[Phpmyadmin-devel] Remember the last way user sorted tables

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Tue May 24 13:56:20 CEST 2011

2011/5/24 Aris Feryanto <aris_feryanto at yahoo.com>:
> Hi Piotr,
> On 24 Mei 2011, at 18:12, Piotr Przybylski <piotr.prz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2011/5/24 Aris Feryanto <aris_feryanto at yahoo.com>:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I've pushed the implementation of feature "Remember the last way user
>>> sorted
>>> tables" when browsing tables. You may try it at the demo server [0].
>>> Current implementation only remember the sorting in the session variable.
>>> So, when you logout and login again, the sorting will be refreshed.
>>> In order to keep it persistent across session, I will add a new table in
>>> phpMyAdmin database and store the sorting and maybe other
>>> "browsing"-related
>>> data in there later.
>>
>> If you store all data in memory, I think you can use pma_userconfig
>> table for that, just add a new text column for serialized data.
>
> Thank you for your suggestion.
> I think I will need to store the serialized data per user and per table.
> But, this is just my current thought. If later, it only needs to be stored
> per user, then I'll use pma_userconfig table. :)

Remember that when storing data per table you will have to set some
upper limit, or you may have data in which half of the tables don't
exist. Limiting eg. to 100 takes care of dealing with removed tables -
after some time you will just "forget" about them (they get pushed out
of saved table list).

--
Piotr Przybylski