[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Create Table in navigation panel

Thilanka Kaushalya lgtkaushalya at gmail.com
Thu May 26 04:11:32 CEST 2011

HI Marc,

Thanks for the suggestions you have made.

> I just saw something else that needs improvement. When using the new
> "Create table" button, we get a dialog with room for just one column.
> And the dialog to add columns, which needs to be used unless the table
> has only one column (not likely), is not in sight at this point.

If I change the parameter "num_fields=1" to "num_fields=" it will initially
gives two columns and then user can add more. Is that a preferable way to
overcome this.

I suggest moving the "Add x column(s) ... Go" dialog on top of the
> panel, next to the table name input field. This will at the same time
> clarify the interface because seeing
>   Save Or Add X column(s) Go
>
> is cluttered and unclear.
>
> I also agree with you and currently "Add x column(s) Go" button is
confusing. I can make changes to the Create table form so it will affect at
both "ajax enabled" and "ajax disabled" situations, or else I can change
this only in my jquery dialog so it in the "ajax enabled" situations only.
So what is preferable. I'll try on that and let you know the changes as soon
as possible.

Regards,
Thilanka.

--