[Phpmyadmin-devel] Remember the last way user sorted tables

Aris Feryanto aris_feryanto at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 19:48:03 CEST 2011

Hi Marc,

On 27 Mei 2011, at 23:53, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Aris Feryanto a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>

>> I pushed changes to my repository. In the repo, I did some changes regarding the storage for "remember the last way user sorted tables":
>>
>> - For the storage, I created a new table which store per table's data. The table consist of 4 columns: username, db_name, table_name, and prefs. I haven't put any limit for the number of records, as suggested by Piotr. I will do it after all features regarding table-browsing implemented.
>> - I put new code to load and store "table sorting" in PMA_Table class.
>>
>> To test these changes, you will need to create new table using script in scripts/create_tables.sql and change the configuration
>>
>> $cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_uiprefs'] = 'pma_table_uiprefs';
>>
>> (which I think cannot be done in demo server)
>>
>> After this setup, you will be able to browse a table, sort them by clicking table's header, logout, login again, browse to the table, and the table will remain sorted in the last way you sorted it.
>> Comments and suggestions are really appreciated.
>
> Hi Aris,
> the feature works fine and I believe it's ready to be merged in
> origin/master, do you agree?

I agree. Only one thing left to do later: limiting the number of records in table_uiprefs table.

My commits for this feature is located in "tablesort" branch in my git repo.

--
I don't have any experience in merging to official master and I don't know how hard it would be to do merging from my "mixed" master repo. So, I separated each feature in each branch, in case you find it easier to merge this way.

--
Aris Feryanto