[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Add a new user in db-> privileges

Thilanka Kaushalya lgtkaushalya at gmail.com
Sun May 29 07:38:57 CEST 2011

Hi Marc,

> I assume that this class will be added only if $cfg['AjaxEnable'] is true.

Yes.

> I suggest going for #2, provided this is done via AJAX (only refresh the
> usersForm by obtaining the new list from a call to server_privileges.js).
>
> So in server_privileges.php starting at line 2142, instead of using echo
> to generate the form, it would be gathered in a variable using a logic
> similar to the one in server_privileges.php starting at line 1357.
> Then it's either echoed if not coming from an ajax request, or sent via
> PMA_ajaxResponse().

I went through the process which you have mentioned above. I have replaced
echo with collecting variable called $user_form and then handled the
ajax_enabeled action as follows.

if($GLOBALS['is_ajax_request'] == true){
        $extra_data['user_form'] = $user_form;
        $message = PMA_Message::success(__('New user has been added.'));
         PMA_ajaxResponse($message, $message->isSuccess(), $extra_data);
 }

And in my server_privileges.js file I have called the post method as
follows.
$testing_parameters
= "db=super_store&server=1&token=c6ad5e8e3a8042287e401dc5e739280a&checkprivs=super_store&viewing_mode=db&ajax_request=true";
$.post( $form.attr('action'), $testing_parameters, function(mydata){
                          $("#usersForm").append(mydata);
});

I have used hard coded parameters in $testing_parameters variable and the
append the datafor $("#uerForm") for test the feature.

But the appended my data does not returns an json object. it just return a
string containing the results. I have share screen shots of the alert and
the UI which shows the returned $mydata string with this doc [1]. Can you
help me on why this happens.

If I'm not going to use the   PMA_ajaxResponse() method I can just take the
whole post data and extract the new #usersForm out of that and repalace the
old one.

Please help me on this issue. Thank you.

[1] -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DLcwm4VJv-IrLBiwlRwFPs4oaSuC_bPOsxrJ99xWB8Y/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CKLN4fUP

Regards,
Thilanka.