[Phpmyadmin-devel] AJAXify phpMyAdmin Interface - GSOC 2011 - Add a new user in db-> privileges

Thilanka Kaushalya lgtkaushalya at gmail.com
Sun May 29 18:41:14 CEST 2011

Hi Marc,

> I don't understand why you are talking about a JSON object. JSON is a
> text-based notation and in your first screenshot, the text shown is in
> JSON. It contains a variable "message" with a large chunk of generated
> HTML. This is fine.

This is pure text kind of thing. I cannot get the message by calling it
mydata.message.

> For an example on how this is handled, look in libraries/sql.js in the
> section $("#sqlqueryform.ajax") to see what is done with data.message.

I went through similar scenarios handled in functions.js and sql.js. But in
all those cases the "data" variable returns an object. So we can call the
elements such as data.sucess , data.message, data.sql_query out of that
element. I attached the screenshot of the echo of that object within the
function.sql $("#create_table_form input[name=do_save_data]").live('click')
event here as the 1st image [1].

But the variable mydata in the server_privileges.js is not an object kind of
thing. So we cannot call the elements such as mydata.sucess ,
mydata.message, mydata.user_form. When we call them it shows those are
"undefined". Thats why I cannot handle this situation.

[1] -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DLcwm4VJv-IrLBiwlRwFPs4oaSuC_bPOsxrJ99xWB8Y/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CKLN4fUP#

Regards,
Thilanka.