[Phpmyadmin-devel] makegrid.js help

Madhura Jayaratne madhura.cj at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 13:08:53 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2011-11-06 07:51, Rouslan Placella a écrit :
> > On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 06:54 -0500, Marc Delisle wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I would appreciate help about one display issue. In QA_3_4, browsing
> >> sakila.actor with Firefox 7.0.1 (tested on Vista) shows vertical solid
> >> lines at the right of each data column. This is the expected behavior,
> >> produced by
> >>
> >> #table_results td.data {
> >> border-right: 1px solid #444444;
> >> }
> >>
> >> However in master, the lines appear then disappear. It happens somewhere
> >> in makegrid.js.
> >>

> > Hi Marc,
> >
> > the issue is that each table column is overlayed with a div element and
> > they have conflicting border-right CSS declarations. Fix below, adjust
> > it as you see fit, if needed.
> >

> http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin/roccivic.git/commitdiff/4d1e6f302f04543ce1fea0524d3d8179ee894d21
> >
> > Or pull from branch "colborder" of
> > git://repo.or.cz/phpmyadmin/roccivic.git
>
> I have pushed to master, thanks. I remain open to suggestions on
> improving this visual column separation.

Hi,

I did not have any problem with the old white borders since they were
visible over the alternating ash colored rows. And the alignment also
contributed to the visual column separation.
However if you guys think we should go for a dark border, I prefer #BBBBBB
much over black.

--
Thanks and Regards,

Madhura Jayaratne