[Phpmyadmin-devel] about drizzle.dbi.lib.php

Piotr Przybylski piotr.prz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 00:01:18 CET 2011

2011/11/11 Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info>:
> Piotr,
>
> In this file I read:
> ================
> WARNING - EXPERIMENTAL, never use in production, drizzle module
> segfaults often and when you least expect it to
>
> * TODO: This file and drizzle-wrappers.lib.php should be devoid of any
> segault related hacks.
>  * TODO: Crashing versions of drizzle module and/or libdrizzle should
> be blacklisted
> ================
>
> Taking this warning into account, what's your opinion about releasing
> Drizzle support in 3.5.0?

Drizzle works well with MySQL protocol, so we can officially support it.

As for Drizzle-specific dbi file, I think it should stay where it is
and be released. For now undocumented so that people who don't know
what they are doing don't spam us that Drizzle crashes their server.
It generally works, but with a little hack that I placed in
drizzle-wrappers.lib.php (flushing in shutdown function) due to
Apache/PHP segfaulting after most requests. When somebody fixes PHP
extension it should be safe to remove all warnings and just use it
(appropriate bug reports are filed and by now known by Drizzle
developers [1]).

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/drizzle-php-ext

--
Piotr Przybylski