[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC 2012- Refactoring

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sun Apr 1 14:41:32 CEST 2012

Le 2012-03-31 14:03, Thilina Buddika Abeyrathna a écrit :
> Hi,
> When we are going to refactor the huge php file which contains mix of html
> tags and php code  like server_privileges.php script. And html tags are
> printed by php in this script, what is the best way to refactor. I somewhat
> confused about that. Is it good to separate html and php tags and implement
> several functions? I like to see the suggestions.

In the roadmap for version 4.0 [0], we indicate this:
"The current <html> and <?php> mix will be cleaned up in the process.
The <html> output will be moved to lib/include files which can be called
by either the index page or by the specific files (which can still be
referenced seperately)."

The exact method to achieve this separation has not been chosen, but
indeed, refactoring usually produces code having more, smaller functions.

Look at this example: [1].

[0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/FOSDEM_2012_Meeting

[1]
https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/commit/1394cc65e8bb3b5218ffb83dd3cb8490498bfe80