[Phpmyadmin-devel] Submitting patches

J.M. me at mynetx.net
Mon Apr 9 01:15:19 CEST 2012

>      Another question: how to test my code locally to see if it works?
> I have phpMyAdmin installed, i the same time I'll work on the copy I pulled
> from GIT, then how would I try my fixes? would I try the copy of PMA from
> GIT after I edit the code? or can I merge that code to the PMA I already
> installed?

The easiest way to test your code is by cloning Github’s phpMyAdmin
master branch. You should create your Git repository for phpMyAdmin
inside the document root of your local webserver, so you can reach the
cloned folder by accessing a subfolder of localhost in your browser.
Then, do your code changes in the local copy, and test them in the
browser. As soon as the bug that you’re working on is fixed, stage
(add) the files in Git and commit them with a proper commit message.

--
mynetx (Jo Michael)