[Phpmyadmin-devel] Submitting patches

J.M. me at mynetx.net
Mon Apr 9 01:26:19 CEST 2012

> well, and this cloned copy won't need any configuration(i.e: database or
> something) as when I install PMA for personal usage?

Each copy of phpMyAdmin that’s intended to be used, so the cloned one
as well, needs a configuration file.

However, throw a peek into the root folder .gitignore file. You will
find that the custom config.inc.php that you need to create is ignored
by Git and won’t get added to your commits.

As for the database, if you want to test the local installation, a
local mySQL server is best. Provided that your firewall allows
outgoing access on port 3306, and that you have a remote mySQL server
allowing access from your local phpMyAdmin server IP, you may specify
any server you want to, in config.inc.php. It doesn’t necessarily have
to be a localhosted mySQL server (which in turn speeds up any
communication).

--
mynetx (Jo Michael)