[Phpmyadmin-devel] db Export: Bug or not?

Filippos Karailanidis phil.230 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 17:53:39 CEST 2012

I see.

The way I was thinking about it, is like when you install an application.

In the installation Wizard, you can choose Custom Installation, make
changes, and the change your mind, go back and select Quick (Typical)
Installation so that the defaults are applied.

But I guess that's not the case here, it's just about display, not an
absolute choice.

Thanks Marc

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2012-04-12 10:55, Filippos Karailanidis a écrit :
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I noticed something and I don't know whether it's a bug or not.
> >

> > When exporting a database, there's Quick and Custom.
> >
> > Try selecting Custom, a list of the tables in the database appears.
> > If you change the tables selected, obviously only those selected are
> > exported.
> >
> > BUT, if you deselect some tables and then click Quick again and export,
> > AGAIN the ones selected will be the only ones exported.
> >
> > In my mind, when the user decides to click Quick again, he changed his
> mind
> > and he wants the whole database exported.
> > This doesn't happen though if he has selected specific tables when he was
> > in Custom.
> >

> > Maybe it's just me, that's why I wanted to ask you guys first, before
> > reporting this as a bug.
> > I hope I was clear
>
> Filippos,
> I don't think we can assume that he wants the whole db exported,
> especially as his previous operation was to deselect/select some tables.
>
> Quick means "display only the minimal options", it does not mean to
> revert to the default options.
>
> --
> Marc Delisle
> http://infomarc.info