[Phpmyadmin-devel] Coding style checks

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Thu Apr 26 18:37:00 CEST 2012

On 26/04/12 15:48, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Le 2012-04-26 10:12, Michal Čihař a écrit :
>> Hi
>>
>> I've created tuned coding style checks for phpcs, which is now being
>> used on http://ci.phpmyadmin.net/. As you can see we got rid of 2000
>> useless warnings (mostly about missing @author/@copyright/@link, which
>> we don't use).
>>
>> However we still have more than 10000 violations. Some are simply not
>> fixable or hard to fix, but some are easy (like adding documentation).
>> Anyway please try not to introduce new violations if possible :-). We
>> want nice code base that is easy to understand and following coding
>> standard helps here a lot.
>
> Michal,
> do you mean the coding standard mentioned on [0] or something else?
>
> [0] http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/devel.php

Yes, I think that he meant the PEAR coding standard. Phpcs does some
sniffing for us on the continuous integration server and reports the
violations (e.g.: [0]), however some of those checks were pretty pointless.

Bye,
Rouslan

[0]:
http://ci.phpmyadmin.net/job/phpMyAdmin-continuous/1308/checkstyleResult/?