[Phpmyadmin-devel] bug in move columns functionality

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Fri Apr 27 21:31:58 CEST 2012

On 27/04/12 12:53, Rouslan Placella wrote:
> On 27/04/12 12:04, Dieter Adriaenssens wrote:
>> Op 25 april 2012 21:12 heeft Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com>
>> het volgende geschreven:

>>> And another bug occurs after you first add an index using the "more"
>>> dropdown menu and then move some columns. The query is displayed in the
>>> wrong place. Screenshot attached.
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>> Rouslan
>>>

>> Hi Rouslan,
>>
>> Don't forget to create bug reports for these in our tracker. ;)
>
> Well, the functionality is unreleased, so I was hoping that Jo would
> just quickly fix the above and we wouldn't have to create any noise on
> the tracker. But you're right, it's been a few days already, I'll report
> these later today.

Actually, I ended up fixing issues #1 and #3 myself in
d967510e0cef4d0ca20d68af944f324a62991aa2.
It seemed easier than filing a bug report.

Issue #2 can't really be fixed that easily, because by showing the
previous request. The real problem here is that it takes 2 HTTP requests
to move the columns. If all the necessary data came back in one request
(which is possible), we wouldn't have this issue in the first place and
the whole operation would be faster...

Bye,
Rouslan