[Phpmyadmin-devel] FAO: Michal. Dealing with merge conflicts in po files

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Thu Aug 2 12:26:21 CEST 2012

Hi Michal,

I just had a conflict while merging QA_3_5 into master and I wasn't sure
how to resolve it. The problem was the po file for Catalan language that
was heavily modified in d72f329301c28d222facce53e3da67deeb41b782.

So, the first question is: why didn't Weblate merge QA_3_5 into master
after committing? And if it didn't merge because of the conflicts, then
why did it commit and push something that cannot be automatically merged
in the first place?

And the second question is: what is the correct thing to do when
something like that happens? What I did was discard all the changes in
that l10n file from the QA_3_5 branch, although I'm not sure if this
might have any implications (losing some translated strings?)...

Bye,
Rouslan