[Phpmyadmin-devel] INSTALL.txt better than INSTALL ?

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Feb 13 10:19:41 CET 2012

Hi

Dne Sun, 12 Feb 2012 07:35:46 -0500
Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):

> Is it some kind of standard to have an INSTALL file? Renaming it to
> INSTALL.txt would avoid problems like the one in [0].
>
> [0]
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/forums/forum/72909/topic/5011405

The file name INSTALL is traditional on Unix/Linux world, though file
name without extension is indeed quite complicated on Windows.
Given that current content of INSTALL file is almost none, I'd rather
consider deleting it :-). IOW when we're about to break tradition,
let's remove empty file pointing to other documentation.

So how about dropping following files:

CREDITS
INSTALL
TODO

Maybe also README could fit into this category...