[Phpmyadmin-devel] Single point for developers

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon Feb 13 13:58:55 CET 2012

Hi all

currently our documentation for upcoming developers is spread over
different places:

[1] FAQ 7.3 in Documentation
[2] Developers section in Documentation
[3] http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/devel.php
[4] wiki

What I'd like to do is to move most information to website [3], with
possible more detailed information on wiki [4] and removing almost all
content from Documentation [1],[2].

Currently it is quite hard to keep the information up to date [*] and I
don't think it makes much sense to provide information in the
documentation for offline usage as you would anyway require to be
online to contribute.

I've just submitted pull request for this change on github, so feel
free to comment it there:

https://github.com/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin/pull/1

[*]: I think that [2] will become really outdated on our way to 4.0.