[Phpmyadmin-devel] Export plugin

Alex UKF alex.ukf at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 16:09:26 CET 2012

Hello,

I was trying to implement some ideas of mine related to the export plugin,
and I
have a small question.

I saw that export.php uses a function called PMA_getPlugins (from
libraries/plugin_interface.lib.php) to get the export list with all of the
plugins.
That function includes all the files in the libraries/export folder, which
in turn
define the options and functions for each of the plugins. After the user
chooses a
format and submits, one of the exports is selected and used.

I was wondering if there is any reason for using that $plugin_list ( in
this case
$export_list ) or if that variable is actually needed somewhere else except
the
export.php and libraries/display_export.lib.php, where it displays the list
of
export plugins. Because if not, I was thinking that the export list could
be
replaced with a single element which will be an instance of one of the
export
classes.

This way, all the other export plugins don't need to be included, and only
one
export class will be instantiated and its output functions will be used. I
tested
this scenario and it works, but I don't know if I may cause something else
malfunction in some part. Would you have any objections for such a
replacement?

Thanks,
Alex