[Phpmyadmin-devel] resizable (navi) left pane

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 17:34:05 CET 2012

Hi,

A patch in our tracker [0], proposes to make the frameborder between
the left pane (navi) and right pane (main page), visible so that the
left pane can also be resized in browsers other than Firefox.

Implementing this patch would make the interface more ugly, but I'm
wondering if it would be useful to be able to resize the left pane?
The only two reasons I can think of are
-being able to display very long database/table names
-increase the size of the left pane on a screen with a very small resolution.

If the resizing of the panes would be useful, I think there are better
solutions for resizing the left frame, f.e. with a javascript solution
or a config parameter, to make it work in all browsers. This kind of
solution could also work if we ever would abandon frames and use <div>
to seperate the navi part from the main screen.

What do you think?

[0] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3473502&group_id=23067&atid=377410

--
Kind regards,