[Phpmyadmin-devel] Proposed fix for bug #3464377

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Mon Jan 23 18:52:10 CET 2012

Alex UKF a écrit :
> Hello phpmyadmins,
>
> I am new around here, and I would like to submit a *small bug fix for [0]*.
>
> I have read some pages on the website [1], wiki [2] and took a look at
> the patch tracker [3]. I understand that I have to either submit a patch
> ( created with git format-patch, or with git diff between two branches),
> or I can post the link to the branch solving the bug on my forked
> phpMyAdmin repo [4].
>
> I did not add a patch on the tracker, because I am not sure if that is
> the good way to do it, but if I were to do that, I would probably classify
> it as "Category -> Debugging", and "Group -> Finished. Needs basic
> tests". Is that ok?
>
> The other option would be to post a comment on the bug tracker [0]
> with a link to the branch containing *my proposed fix on my forked *
> *PMA repo [5]*. But on my 3464377 branch, I made more commits to
> reach the final desired code : a few test commits, then the actual
> code fix commit + a white space delete, then a coding style commit
> and finally an undo white space deletion commit :). And I'm not sure
> if that's ok. Should I try and merge all those commits into one somehow?
> So just in case my repo is not good to merge from,* I copied the final *
> *diff on pastebin [6]*.
>
> And also, I edited the code in netbeans, so I hope there are no other
> differences in the white spaces, or any other coding style related issues,
> than the ones I spotted. I think that it should be ok, but again, please
> correct me if I am wrong. And, of course, any comments about the
> actual fix are more than welcome.
>

> [0]
> *https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3464377&group_id=23067&atid=377408
> <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3464377&group_id=23067&atid=377408>*
> [1] http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/improve.php
> [2] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Development
> [3] https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=23067&atid=377410
> <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=add&group_id=23067&atid=377410>
> [4] http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin/alexukf.git
> *[5] http://repo.or.cz/w/phpmyadmin/alexukf.git/shortlog/refs/heads/3464377*
> *[6] http://pastebin.com/g0CGrhZv*
> *
> *
>
> Kind regards,
> Alex

Hi Alex and welcome,

I was able to generate a final patch by adding your repository to my
local one and run this command:

git diff origin/master..alexukf/bug_3464377 js/sql.js

A long-term fix for this problem would probably be to avoid having one
big form for these two dialogs.

I am happy with the patch and will merge it for 3.5.0-beta1.