[Phpmyadmin-devel] Refactoring: Displaying query results

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 14:21:27 CEST 2012

2012/7/10 Chanaka Dharmarathna <pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I introduced new function to initialize set of properties of
> PMA_DisplayResults class which are not set inside the constructor.
> That functions is appeared as processParams().
> But I'm not sure its a good name for that method.
> Will a name like setProperties() or setAdditionalProperties() more suitable
> for this function ?
> Welcome to any suggestions.

Hi Chanaka,

Assuming that you are talking about the properties that are not set
with a constructor parameter (the properties should be defined in the
constructor anyway, but not necessarely with a value supplied by a
constructor parameter), I think setProperties() is the best choice.

Would this method only set the properties that cannot be set with a
constructor parameter, or just any property?
Maybe you can consider calling it setProperty($name, $value). This
enables you to set just any parameter.
How are your properties defined? As single variables? Or as an array
of properties?

Kind regards,

Dieter