[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC - Removal of frames

Alex Marin alex.ukf at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 08:05:25 CEST 2012

> I read in the weekly report of Alex Marin (another GSoC student) that
> he will start working on the authentication files soon. I noticed you
> made some changes to these files as well, so it's a good idea to
> discuss this before the start of the merge.
>
> @Alex Marin: have you started working on these files? When do you plan
> to start? It seems like a good idea that you start working on the
> version with the commits of Rouslan, to avoid merge problems later on.

Hi,

I've only created the basic structure of the authentication files, and I
can work on those later on. My OOP structure involves new files, so
I will not be actually modifying the old libraries/auth/* files, but I will
create new ones that with the same content in the object-oriented
version [1].

I now plan on creating a similar structure for the transformations part
and then I want to finish implementing all the import and export OOP
plugins. Only after that will I start working on actual authentication
section, so I think that additional changes there will not be a problem.

The files I'm currently working on and I would benefit from no changes
to them are:
- export.php
- import.php
- libraries/plugin_interface.lib.php
- libraries/import/*
- libraries/export/*
- libraries/common.lib.php (here I have minor changes)

I can not merge until I have a full working structure, so I would like to
ask everyone to avoid commits on those files, especially if they are
coding style related (if there are bugs, of course, go on, those are more
important). They force me to use the mergetool and I've had quite a
few issues introduced this way (my fault of course, I wasn't careful
enough, but it's always better to avoid that from the start, if possible).

[1] https://github.com/alexukf/phpmyadmin/blob/plugins-and-OOP/libraries/plugins/auth/AuthenticationHTTP.class.php

--
Alex