[Phpmyadmin-devel] Merge of frames-removal branch

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 21:06:41 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I merged some important changes to the master branch from the GSoC
project of Rouslan Placella, introducing a few new classes
(PMA_Response, PMA_Header, PMA_Footer, ..)  that will handle html and
ajax responses, buffering output and generating the header, footer,
body. More information on how this works and how this impacts your
code can be found in the wiki page that Rouslan created [0].

Both Rouslan and me tested it and most bugs should be fixed now, but
don't hesitate to report any misbehaviour that might be related to the
introduction of these classes.

@ all GSoC students, if you're not doing this regularly already, this
might be a good time to update your branch with the recent changes in
the master branch (i.e. do a 'merge master' in your branch)

@ Rouslan:

There were no issues during merging.
After I merged, I noticed that the 'git revision' section on the main
page is broken. Can you have look at it?

About your wiki page, apart from some typo's, it looks very good. You
explained very clearly what the different classes do and how to use
them.
I think it might be a good idea to stress that using the PMA_Response,
etc. classes is preferred and the old style is deprecated/strongly
discouraged.
It might be useful to add some examples when to use certain
functionality, like disabling headers/footers, ...

I noticed you removed some unit tests related to global methods that
were replaced by methods in your classes. Do you plan to reintroduce
them when you will write unit tests for your new classes?

[0] http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Generating_pages_and_ajax_responses_in_pma4

Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens