[Phpmyadmin-devel] Refactoring: Displaying query results

Chanaka Dharmarathna pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 06:26:25 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Chanaka Dharmarathna <
pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Chanaka Dharmarathna <
> pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Dieter Adriaenssens <
>> dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> would

>>> It depends :
>>>
>>> If the value of $_SESSION['tmp_user_values']['display_text'] is used
>>> later on in the code, you could assign it to a shorter local
>>> (temporary) variable, and use that variable with a shorter name, in
>>> the if statement and further on in the code.
>>>
>>> If it is used only oncet you might consider assigning the result of
>>>
>>> $_SESSION['tmp_user_values']['display_text'] ==
>>> self::DISPLAY_PARTIAL_TEXT
>>>
>>> to a local (temporary) variable and use that variable in the if
>>> statement.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Dieter Adriaenssens

>> Hi Dieter,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>> I agreed your first point.
>> But I feels little odd in the second point because only for one place we
>> use an additional variable.
>> Its better if we can put that kind of conditions to two lines. Currently
>> it gives errors by code sniffer.
>>

>> Regards !
>> --
>> ____________________________________
>>
>> Chanaka Indrajith
>> Bsc.Computer Engineering Undergraduate
>> Faculty of Engineering
>> University of Peradeniya
>> Sri Lanka
>> ____________________________________
>>

> Hi Michal,
>
> I'll moving into refactoring common.lib.php file.
> I'm intending to use the same improvements for this file as
> DisplayResults.class.php , including creating common.lib.php as a class.
> Is there any suggestions from your side ?
>

> Regards !
> --
> ____________________________________
>
> Chanaka Indrajith
> Bsc.Computer Engineering Undergraduate
> Faculty of Engineering
> University of Peradeniya
> Sri Lanka
> ____________________________________

Hi All,

I have already create a class for display_tbl.lib.php
andPMA_getDataCellForBlobField() in master used the
PMA_mimeDefaultFunction() function as a global function.
EX :
$str = 'PMA_mimeDefaultFunction';
$str($parameters);

I have moved the PMA_mimeDefaultFunction() from display_tbl.lib.php (in
master) to common.lib.php file due to the way it has used inside
display_tbl.lib.php.

Now I'm implementing class behavior in common.lib.php file.
So can anyone tell me a file, which contain global function, to where I
should again move this PMA_mimeDefaultFunction().

Regards !
--