[Phpmyadmin-devel] AjaxEnable directive

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 19:55:42 CEST 2012

2012/6/18 Rouslan Placella <rouslan at placella.com>:
> Hi Dieter,
>
> as I just wrote in my blog post, I'm considering dropping the
> $cfg['AjaxEnable'] directive as in my opinion it will considerably
> complicate the processing of some pages and doesn't seem to any real
> benefits. Your thoughts on this appreciated.

Hi Rouslan,

As we're dropping non-JS mode in PMA 4.0, I'm inclined to agree to
remove the AjaxEnable config option. But I think this is a decission
that has to be made by the team. What do you think, guys?

Do you have an idea what would be more work : removing the AjaxEnable
and AJAX-ifying some necessary functionality; or keeping the
AjaxEnable option and having to rewrite code for two modes?
Also, how will AJAX-ifying some functionality impact your schedule? Do
you plan to do it during GSoC or can it be done afterwards?

--
Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens