[Phpmyadmin-devel] Refactoring: Displaying query results

Chanaka Dharmarathna pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 03:05:50 CEST 2012

> > I'm going to look into getting PMA_mimeDefaultFunction() function inside
> > PMA_DisplayResults class. (currently it is under core.lib.php)
> > I think it is possible to use this function inside that class, and call
> > directly ($this->_mimeDefaultFunction()) instead of using additional
> string
> > to store method name. (current way)
> >
> > Then the default function for the mime transformation is inside a class.
> > But the other existing transformations functions are still global
> functions.
> > If that is not good (feels not good), those also should convert to
> classes.
>
> I've seen that the PMA_mimeDefaultFunction is only currently used in
> DisplayResults.class.php, so I think it's a good idea to move it there.
>
> > And if other transformations converted to classes, in which way I can
> create
> > objects of those classes.
> > Should I need to use string to store the class name and then use it as
> > belows.
> >
> > $class_name = 'TestClass';
> > $ob = new $class_name($params);
> >
> > It is very helpful for me if you can share your suggestions.
>
> As general info, to use a transformation plugin, you have to include it and
> then instantiate it. For example, if you want to use Text_Plain_Sql:
>  include_once 'libraries/plugins/transformations/Text_Plain_Sql.class.php';
>  $plugin_manager = null; // Still working on this, so you can use null for
> now
>  $sql_transf = new Text_Plain_Sql($plugin_manager);
> Then, you can use the actual transformation by calling:
>  $sql_transf->applyTransformation();
>
> In DisplayResults.class.php, inside _getTableBody(), there is an init:
> [2158] $default_function = 'PMA_mimeDefaultFunction'; // default_function
> Then, this variable is passed as an argument to several functions along
> the way:
>  _getDataCellForNumericColumns,
>  _getDataCellForBlobColumns,
>  _getDataCellForGeometryColumns,
>  _getDataCellForNonNumericAndNonBlobColumns,
>  _getRowData,
>  _addClass
>  _handleNonPrintableContents
>
> Some of the functions only pass it further, while others use actually use
> it.
> I replaced the use of the PMA_transformation_[FILENAME]() with the
> use of $transformation_plugin->applyTransformation() and kept the same
> arguments.
> So I had to pass an instance of the transformation class as an argument
> ($transformation_plugin), but my problem was that in some cases I had to
> use
> the applyTransformations method, while in others, I had to use the default
> function ( PMA_mimeDefaultFunction() ). Therefore, where needed, I set the
> argument $transformation_plugin = $default_function, and, in the above
> mentioned methods I checked and used accordingly, something similar to:
> [...]

Hi Alex,

Thanks for sharing your ideas on this.
These days I'm getting many conflicts due to modifying common.lib.php file.
Same thing happens again after merging master.

Is there any possibility that you need to use default mime function outside
the PMA_DisplayResults class ?

Regards !
--

Chanaka Indrajith