[Phpmyadmin-devel] Automated Testing - GSoC Project Idea 2012

yasitha pandithawatta yasitha4 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 18:34:57 CET 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:

> Le 2012-03-12 15:23, Michal Čihař a écrit :
> > Hi
> >
> > Dne Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:53:13 +0530
> > yasitha pandithawatta <yasitha4 at gmail.com> napsal(a):
> >
> >> I have set up the the testing environment. I tried to run some test
> suits.
> >> I have found most of the test suits have some fatal errors. Test classes
> >> under test/libraries/ are working fine.
> >> I went through the AllTest.php. The required paths have some conflicts
> with
> >> the real paths.
> >>
> >> Most of the cases I'll getting the following fatal error.
> >>
> >> PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
> >> './test/PMA_get_real_size_test.php'
> >> (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:') in
> >> /var/www/phpmyadmin-dev/test/AllTests.php on line 32
> >> (File path for an example)
> >>
> >> And required require_once './test/FailTest.php' is not found in the
> package.
> >>
> >> What can I do for these issues?
> >
> > Well AllTests.php is not really used for testing. To run complete
> > testsuite, running phpunit in phpMyAdmin's directory should do the job.
> > I think AllTests.php is pretty much outdated and probably should be
> > rather dropped...
>
> Done, along with AllSeleniumTests.php.
>
> --
> Marc Delisle
> http://infomarc.info

I went through the AllSeleniumTests.php and found the tests are outdated. I
started to re write the PmaSeleniumTestCase.php and I updated the
PmaSeleniumLoginTest.php. I just add the login test to the AllSeleniumTest
suit. If I can get a feed back I can write the test cases for the remaining
two suits. Patch was attached to the source forge patch tracker.[1]
Add a README file under /test/selenium which contains testing configuration
guide.

Regards,
--
Yasitha Pandithawatta