[Phpmyadmin-devel] ready for MAINT_3_5_0 ?

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 18:28:16 CET 2012

On 19/03/2012 17:46, Marc Delisle wrote:
> Le 2012-03-19 12:40, Dieter Adriaenssens a écrit :
>> On 19/03/2012 13:48, Marc Delisle wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I think we could branch MAINT_3_5_0, to emphasize the fact that we are
>>> near 3.5.0-final and we have to be prudent about changing code.
>>
>> I think we should wait to create a MAINT_3_5_0 tag/branch until 3.5.0 is
>> actually created/released, as we usually do. This to avoid problems with
>> updating branches, escpecially the translating.
>>
>> There shouldn't be any changes (except translations or bugfixes) in
>> QA_3_5 at this point anyway.
>
> There were changes yesterday for js/functions.js.
>
> If we continue to do changes or fix minor bugs in QA_3_5, we'll need
> RC3, RC4, etc.
>
> That's why I would like to start MAINT_3_5_0.

Hi Marc,

I see. I think we should declare QA_3_5 to be bugfix only, or remind all
developers that QA_3_5 is already bugfix only.

The change made by Rouslan, which basically is code cleanup, should only
have been done in master, there is no place for this anymore in QA_3_5.

Creating the MAINT_3_5_0 tag at this point does not help prevent it.

--
Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens