[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSOC 2012 - Refactoring: Insert/edit, Privileges, Operations, Structure

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Sat Mar 24 14:01:46 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-24 01:18, Thilina Buddika Abeyrathna a écrit :
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Thilina Buddika Abeyrathna <
> thilinaabeyrathna at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Sourceforge.
>>> could

>>> the
>>> line

>>> this

>>> Thilina,
>>> In your suggestions, I don't see any refactoring techniques; yours are
>>> mostly about syntax. See [0] and [1] for references.
>>>
>>> Also, I don't believe we use this "if" syntax in the current codebase.
>>>
>>> [0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refactoring
>>> [1] http://devzone.zend.com/1067/refactoring-php-code/
>>>

>>> Thank you Marc. I will refer those articles.
>>
>> Hi Marc,
>
> In this code snippet, id attribute is not make any sense, I meant, id =
> th1, id = th2, etc. But class attribute is make sense. I checked the css
> file and js file, And I couldn't find any place where this class values
> used. I think it is better to change the id attribute values to meaning
> full one. as an example,
> <th id = "column"
> And can we use the same class for all this 'th' ? (line 199-209)

Thilina,
there must be a reason to use the "id" attribute; in this case I could
not find a reason so I removed them.

These class attributes were not used, except for the "action" class
which is used in functions.js, displayMoreTableOpts(). There is no
reason to use the same class for all these 'th', if we do nothing with
the class, so I removed them (keeping "action").