[Phpmyadmin-devel] Good to go into QA_3_5 ?

Dieter Adriaenssens dieter.adriaenssens at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 14:41:03 CEST 2012

Op 24 maart 2012 16:10 heeft Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> het
volgende geschreven:
> Le 2012-03-24 11:04, Marc Delisle a écrit :
>> Le 2012-03-24 10:50, Madhura Jayaratne a écrit :

>>> I came across this bug [1], which is present in QA_3_5 and master branches.
>>> While I'm not sure whether this is critical the cause and the solution is
>>> simple. I've included the diff of the solution at the end of this mail.
>>> Good to go into QA_3_5 ?
>>
>> Hi Madhura,
>> Not critical, so please wait until QA_3_5 contains "3.5.1-dev".
>>

> By the way, this is another reason why I wanted to open the MAINT_3_5_0
> branch: to start working on 3.5.1 now in QA_3_5.

OK. Now that I think of it again, it makes sense to create
MAINT_3_5_0, at this stage.
MAINT_3_5_0 == last 3.5.0 RC + translations

It is tempting to solve a few more bugs for 3.5.0, but they can always
create a regression (using a linux kernel dev buzz-word here),
possible making 3.5.0 less stable.
It makes sense to solve them for 3.5.1, because otherwise another RC
for 3.5.0 is needed to test these bugfixes.

The bug [0] resolved by Rouslan, for which he created a pull request
on github, could be merged there (QA_3_5) as well.

[0] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3509686&group_id=23067&atid=377408

--
Kind regards,

Dieter Adriaenssens