[Phpmyadmin-devel] GSoC 2012: Refactoring Designer/schema integration

Adnan hiddenpearls at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 18:06:48 CEST 2012

2012/3/13 Adnan <hiddenpearls at gmail.com>

> 2012/3/13 Michal Čihař <michal at cihar.com>
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Dne Mon, 5 Mar 2012 10:54:03 +0500
>> Adnan <hiddenpearls at gmail.com> napsal(a):
>>
>> > Refactoring phpMyAdmin codebase is important at this stage. I had an
>> idea
>> > to make mobile version of phpMyAdmin for iPhone/Android using phoneGap
>> > but Michal
>> > Čihař said we will refactoring PMA this year GSoC. So,  Refactoring
>> > Designer/schema integration would be best for me because I have work on
>> > Schema integration in GSoC 2010.
>> >
>> > schema export is already in OOP btw but Designer not yet. will start
>> > looking into codecase and ask questions.
>>
>> Please note that schema is OOP, but does not really use OOP practices
>> much - there is quite a lot of duplicate code, which should be rather
>> inherited from parent classes and shared.
>>
>> Yeah, I'm recalling my code done in GSoC 2010 ;)

I didn't understand what PMA Designer feature does ? I played with its
options/menu but these are simple operations.

what is the main function of PMA Designer ?

plus I think we may use jQueryUI Draggable API's for this.

* Usability of designer (with schema export) without configured phpMyAdmin
configuration storage

if we remove configuration storage, we can use session/local storage ?