[Phpmyadmin-devel] Automated Testing - GSoC Project Idea 2012

yasitha pandithawatta yasitha4 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 21:29:34 CEST 2012

2012/3/21 yasitha pandithawatta <yasitha4 at gmail.com>

> 2012/3/17 yasitha pandithawatta <yasitha4 at gmail.com>
>

>> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:04 PM, yasitha pandithawatta <
>> yasitha4 at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I went through the AllSeleniumTests.php and found the tests are
>>> outdated. I started to re write the PmaSeleniumTestCase.php and I updated
>>> the PmaSeleniumLoginTest.php. I just add the login test to the
>>> AllSeleniumTest suit. If I can get a feed back I can write the test cases
>>> for the remaining two suits. Patch was attached to the source forge patch
>>> tracker.[1]
>>> Add a README file under /test/selenium which contains testing
>>> configuration guide.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Yasitha Pandithawatta
>>> Undergraduate
>>> Computer Science and Engineering Department
>>> University of Moratuwa
>>> Sri Lanka
>>>
>>> [1] -
>>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3504536&group_id=23067&atid=377410
>>>

>> Hi Michal,
>>
>> I wrote some selenium test cases for login. I updated the
>> AllSeleniumTests.php and add I add a Helper class and TestConfig class
>> which can be use when writing other test cases. I attached the changes as
>> patch in source forge patch tracker.[1] Meanwhile Mark has removed
>> the AllTests.php along with AllSeleniumTests.php. Since
>> AllSeleniumTests.php class is no longer there patch will give some errors.
>> He suggested some one familiar with selenium should involved with this. ch
>> willCan you look for this. Adding old AllSeleniumTests.php and merge my
>> patch will do the job.
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Yasitha Pandithawatta
>> Undergraduate
>> Computer Science and Engineering Department
>> University of Moratuwa
>> Sri Lanka
>>
>> [1] -
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3504536&group_id=23067&atid=377410
>>

> Hi,
>
> I updated the patch and attached to the patch traker. [1]. It can be
> directly merged into the current master branch.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Yasitha Pandithawatta
> Undergraduate
> Computer Science and Engineering Department
> University of Moratuwa
> Sri Lanka
>
> [1] -
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3504536&group_id=23067&atid=377410

Hi,

I fixed the PmaSeleniumPrivilegesTest and PmaSeleniumXssTest classes as
well. I attached the patch in the source forge patch tracker.[0]
In PmaSeleniumXssTest class I added a method testQueryTabWithNullValue() to
test the processing a null query. But there should be another method to
handle the query with xss scripts. For this I need to call selenium.type()
on the respective textarea.
But in the latest version the textarea is replaced with codemirror object.
It doesn't have an id and cannot access via Xpath. Can you give any
suggestion for this?

Regards,

--

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3512509&group_id=23067&atid=377410