[Phpmyadmin-devel] proposals: Refactoring: Insert/edit, Privileges, Operations, Structure

J.M. me at mynetx.net
Sat Mar 31 19:06:34 CEST 2012

Am 31. März 2012 18:51 schrieb nandu <nandu130 at gmail.com>:
> Marc,
>
> Thanks for considering, you asked me to submit patch, well for that i need
> some time till then I found another thing
> that is when we log into phpMyadmin from an iOS device is difficult because
> the device uppercases the first letter automatically. This can be disabled
> by adding two attributes in the input tag and setting them both to off.
> it can be patched through
> autocapitalize="off" autocorrect="off" attributes in input.
> jQuery('input[type=text]').attr('autocapitalize','off');
>
> Also i need some guidelines from you with my proposal
> thanks
>

> On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> wrote:
>>
>> Le 2012-03-31 06:19, nandu a écrit :
>> > PHP code mixed with HTML tags will basically cause crash, "strip_tags"
>> > strip every html and php tags
>> > in $var, every characters after "<" is removed.
>> > i think strip_tags() is mixed up.
>> >
>> > we often get error:tbl_replace.php: Missing parameter when adding i.e.
>> > entries into mysql from within
>> > phpmyadmin chences of having issue with cookies on the system, i.e.if
>> > disabled cookies in the browser
>> > this can be changed.
>> > Instead of using the elseif statements code can be reduced with
>> > <script>
>> > <?php
>> > switch($anyval){ ?>
>> > $(document).ready(
>> >     function (){
>> >     <?php case 1:  //?>
>> >     <?php case 2:  //?>
>> >     <?php case 3:  //?>
>> > })
>> > <?php }?>
>> > </script>
>>
>> Nandu,
>> please submit some patches, it will be easier to see what you mean.
>>

>> > wecan either use the static method in the code in order to improve the
>> > efficiency.
>> > another point I would like to ask what if we use the complete pathname
>> > with
>> > require and include, it will be much faster.
>>
>> Seems like a good idea. I took this example in the PHP manual's comments:
>>
>> // this can be inside libraries/common.inc.php
>> define('__ROOT__', dirname(dirname(__FILE__)));
>> // then other scripts use this
>> require_once(__ROOT__.'/foo.php);
>>
>> So we could define __ROOT__ once and use it afterwards. One thing I'm
>> not sure about: we prefixed with './' to help in open_basedir case, so
>> we would have to test this case.
>>
>> --
>> Marc Delisle
>> http://infomarc.info

> Nandlal Ahirwar
> MCA, II yr
> Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
> India

Adding autocapitalize and/or autocorrect attributes to <input> tags is
not valid HTML5, though, which is what we'd like to achieve (refer to
http://www.w3schools.com/html5/tag_input.asp for all input tag
attributes allowed in HTML5).

I suggest setting these attributes using jQuery in a document-ready
event handler if the user agent matches iOS or Android. Like this:

$(function () {
    $('input:text').prop({
        autocapitalize: 'off',
        autocorrect: 'off'