[Phpmyadmin-devel] about the "\n"

Marc Delisle marc at infomarc.info
Fri May 4 14:43:20 CEST 2012

Le 2012-05-04 07:32, Michal Čihař a écrit :
> Hi
>
> Dne Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:26:43 -0400
> Marc Delisle <marc at infomarc.info> napsal(a):
>
>> When touching a piece of code, if you see a "\n" generated for HTML,
>> it's pretty much safe to remove it (if proven otherwise, we'll build a
>> wiki page documenting those cases).
>>
>> The reason was to generate more readable HTML code; now that we
>> (hopefully) use Firebug to look at the generated HTML, these "\n" are no
>> longer needed.
>
> I don't have strong opinion on this. The preferred solution to this
> problem for me would be using templates, where the indentation and new
> lines come basically for free.

Since we are not switching to templates for version 4.0, our GSoC
students will need a more precise guideline about this.

I continue to think that it's too much work to manually generate proper
indenting of generated HTML, and that having proper indentation was more
an issue before Firefox / Firebug.