[Phpmyadmin-devel] Configurations for phpMyAdmin Demo Server project

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Wed May 9 14:17:54 CEST 2012

Hi

Dne Mon, 7 May 2012 09:17:26 +0530
Chanaka Dharmarathna <pe.chanaka.ck at gmail.com> napsal(a):

> In my demo server project [1] the configurations for extended features like
> "Creation of PDFs",
> "Browser transformation", "Bookmarked SQL query" etc are already done *without
> "User preferences".*
> As well a new user "pma" is already created there, but with a different
> password instead of general "pmapass".

Well the password is different, but that should not matter as all demos
are configured to use it.

User preferences are not configured for single reason - there would be
thousands of users sharing one configuration if it would be stored on
server, what would be quite confusing. Currently the configuration is
stored in client or session giving consistent behavior to every user.

> In my local machine I just enable these all extended features and "error
> displaying" by introducing "config.inc.php" file. And set the control user
> (pma) password to general one (pmapass).
>
> If I commit this configuration file, the demo server project configurations
> will be override. ("error displaying" , "User preferences", "control user
> password" will change)
> So is it a good idea to commit these changes ?

No, never commit configuration file.