[Phpmyadmin-devel] Duplicate code in CSS themes

Michal Čihař michal at cihar.com
Mon May 14 13:58:57 CEST 2012

Hi all

I think it is pretty obvious that all themes will share quite big load
of CSS. Originally I though about extracting these bits to Theme class
methods, but now I think it would make things even harder to maintain.

What I feel would be better to create core CSS file, which would be
always included and theme authors will just override/extend it.

This way, we can make changes in core without breaking older themes too
much - maybe some things will not look 100% intergrated, but at least
the layout won't be broken.

Currently original and pmahomme themes share about 2500 lines, they
differ in 1000/500 (pmahomme/original) lines.